Location : Paris, France (Europe)
Domain : Mechanical Engineering
Work Period : 6-12 Months
Contract : Fixed-term Contract
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the supplier tender process including development of scope, input to the tender evaluation and clarification activities
- Review design deliverables
- Participate in safety activities
- Participate in Peer Assists, Peer Reviews, HSSE reviews and Value Improving Workshops
- Liaise with Operations to ensure that maintainability issues are addressed in the design process
- Work with design Contractor's Interface Engineers to ensure that interfaces are well controlled
- Recognize where the application of technology is novel or where key parameters such as equipment size or duty exceed known references
- Assist in developing, implementing and managing the key quality and integrity processes required to ensure that the topsides mechanical rotating equipment is in accordance with company requirements
- Assist in facilitating the IVB process as it relates to mechanical rotating equipment engineering and verification
- Ensure Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) is suitably defined and take part in FATs, as necessary
- Actively engage in the Project Risk Management process to identify and manage risks; take ownership of, and close-out assigned risks
- Ensure that lessons learned and best practices from past and existing projects and operations are integrated into the Jackdaw equipment selection, fabrication, testing and commissioning
- Ensure that project lessons learned are effectively documented and disseminated for future projects
Minimum Qualifications and skills:
- Educated to first degree level in a mechanical engineering degree or relevant discipline; a chartered member of a relevant engineering institution or international equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of experience on power plants or similar industry experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and fluent English are prerequisites for the position.French Preferred.
You must be logged in to apply to this job.